Y U SO LAZY?! T_T
K. Let's be productive, keep calm and start blogging :3
Assalamualaikum. Attachment is over yay! Haha I had fun for the past two weeks but I have one more week left in Malaysia, I have to spend it wisely before the classes start and no time to be lazy like this anymore?! Tipu je, kalau tak ada exam salunya free je sempat keluar shopping hewhew. Eh.
So on the second week I was assigned at ward 8EF under General Medical department. The atmosphere is different from what I've experienced in A&E department.
The ward is not too big but there are at least 30 patients, so you can guess how uncomfortable I was standing for hours (during ward round) in lab coat -.-'' Tengahari la paling panas but it's breezy in the evening since the hospital is tepi pantai.
There's no adrenaline rush in the ward, sebab mostly patients stay there like 3-4 days so basically I met same patients (with few new patients once in a while) for the whole week dah tahu yang ini itu sakit apa yang itu siapa yang jaga etc etc. In A&E department patients come and go paling lama stay situ 2-3 jam then transferred to any ward. Every time I heard the buzzing sound of the alarm indicating patients are coming I feel excited (jahatnya) terus buat-buat sibuk kononnya doktor.
The HO, MO and the specialist especially are very warm in the ward (doctors in A&E department hardly look at me haha probably because they're too busy). Start ward round earlier than 8 am but I'm not sure the exact time sebab I selalunya lambat hehe. Usually there would be a specialist during the round, MO, HO and also pharmacist. According to them, pharmacists are very important in GM dept because a broad range of drugs are required.
Tetiba rasa pharmacists cool gila. Eh. All they have to do is follow the doctors, kalau rajin tanya patients apa drugs diorang guna which reminds me, org Malaysia sangat la manja semua ubat ikut doktor bagi je cuba la tahu apa nama ubat senang sikit atau lagi senang angkut semua ubat setiap kali jumpa doktor lain. Kalau kat India patients selalunya tahu nama ubat sebab doktor akan prescribe and they have to go to pharmacy on their own and buy eventually they become responsible haa cuba salah bagitahu ubat satu hal pulak. Kat Malaysia patients just go and see doctor and ambil ubat kat kaunter.
Anyway, sekarang kan zaman komputer every data must be keyed in so kalau nak jadi doktor kena type laju-laju dan telinga kena peka MO cakap apa kena laju-laju type jangan berangan. Kat ward kan bosan sikit so I tend to look outside and berangan haha tetiba specialist tanya, I was like ... what okay bye tak berangan lagi dah -.-''
So, patients are mostly the elderly woman (eh jap memang ward perempuan pun), maybe 50 and above. Ada la 3-4 orang yang muda-muda usually pregnant women. Ada la 1-2 budak belasan tahun, agaknya ward pediatrik dah penuh kot. Btw ada satu dengue cubicle kat sini, hari-hari ada patient baru. Usually doctors watch out for signs of shock. Bila denggi paling penting kena "masuk air" or normal saline. Common diseases among these elderly women are uncontrolled DM or hypertension. Bila ada kencing manis/darah tinggi bila dah berumur sikit start affect kidney, or nerves on the foot and 60-80% (dengar specialist cakap) akan affect blood vessels in the eyes.
I pity this one woman maybe she's 48-49 she doesn't look like 50 yet, she has uncontrolled DM, nephrotic syndrome, pleural effusion and there may be something wrong with the heart too (due to hypertension). Alahaiii how can one survive with all those problems :S Semoga Allah kuatkan hati makcik. There's nothing else I can do besides a smile (or two) and doa.
Other common disease is asthma! Everywhere I go I saw people gasping for air. Oh, satu lagi kerja pharmacist is show these patients how to use the inhalers properly. Kenapa diorang sampai masuk ward is sebab tak pandai pakai inhaler, so salbutamol tak sampai lungs, cane nak bernafas betul-betul? Terpaksa masuk ward pakai nebulizer or oxygen.
And one last common disease is IHD. Malaysians love fatty food - orang tua-tua kalau tak makan burger macam kita-kita (eh) diorang suka makanan bersantan segala gulai haa that would lead to "tersumbat lemak" bak kata makcik-makcik. One makcik refuses angiogram (according to makcik "masuk belon dalam salur darah") so she would be warded at least three days every month for medication. Another makcik has succesfully underwent angiogram she said "dok sakit eh, semut gigit sakit agi" haha comelnya.
Ada this one makcik (see ramai gila makcik kat hospital) she had ITP (idiopathic thrombocytic purpura) since forever. There's petechiae on the legs, bruises on the arms and ulcers in oral mucosa. MO selalu tanya "pening tak makcik?", sebab risau ada bleeding dalam otak. Baru tahu :3
I can go on forever explaining every disease I've seen in the ward -.-''
Ada this one makcik (see ramai gila makcik kat hospital) she had ITP (idiopathic thrombocytic purpura) since forever. There's petechiae on the legs, bruises on the arms and ulcers in oral mucosa. MO selalu tanya "pening tak makcik?", sebab risau ada bleeding dalam otak. Baru tahu :3
I can go on forever explaining every disease I've seen in the ward -.-''
So what did I learn for the past two weeks? Satu, wear proper clothes terus bawak sembahyang so you don't have to carry telekung or what not, leceh kot. Dua, balik India nak belajar rajin-rajin la seronok tengok doktor bekerja I can't wait for three more years to end haha. Tiga, please take care of your health. Masa tua dah penat kerja selama ni mesti la nak berehat jaga cucu je sedih la kalau kena masuk ward 3-4 hari T_T
Baiklah, assalamualaikum :)
p/s : Ada satu benda sensitif tak tahu boleh cakap ke tak. Insyaallah bila dah jadi doktor pangkat besar sikit mungkin boleh do something about it.


No comments:
Post a Comment